1st Exam

Before having my baby i never went to the OBGYN before because i never had sex so when i got pregnant i knew it was something i had to do and actually was very scared so i asked my BF to join me. My question to you ladies is did your SO join you at the doctors and if so did he go into the actual examining room (if there was no ultra sound) or did he wait in the waiting room?

MinnieMoni

Asked by MinnieMoni at 7:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The only time my hubby never came to prenatal appts was when we were pregnant with our second. Because I had a Dr not a home midwife and they were always doing the time he worked.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 7:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I had my biological children in the 70's and early 80's. It was not as common then for the daddy to go to the dr's appts. In1991 we adopted a beautiful baby girl and we were both going to be in the delivery room but because of the distance we had to travel we missed it by 6 hours.
    If I was having children today I would want my husband if possible to be with me for everything through out the pregnancy.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 7:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My husband only went to a couple of my prenatal appointments. He did go to the first and they had him wait in the waiting room until after the actual pap was finished. Then at the 38 week appointment, when she checked my cervix for dilation and effacement, my husband was in the room for that.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My boyfriend went to ALL of the appointments. I also asked him to. Whatever makes you comfortable. This is about you and the baby. Hes gonna see it either way or already has. Most guys really like it, others are scared. ask him if he wants to join you. if he doesnt then accept that. I do say that he should come to most of the ultrasounds, because on the off chance that something is wrong, you would hate it if he wasnt there. it can be scary- I have experience with this. My BF didnt come to just one ultra sound and the doc said something about one of the heart vales not growing like it should. I was FREAKING out and he wasnt there, i was 9 months prego. Very scary. He felt horrible after that. You just never know whats going to happen. Oh and my son turned out to be fine, it was just the way he was turned, but for 2 weeks if didnt sleep and i harbored alot of stress due to the fact that he wasnt there when it happened.
    Jachaismommie

Answer by Jachaismommie at 1:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2010