1st Exam

Before having my baby i never went to the OBGYN before because i never had sex so when i got pregnant i knew it was something i had to do and actually was very scared so i asked my BF to join me. My question to you ladies is did your SO join you at the doctors and if so did he go into the actual examining room (if there was no ultra sound) or did he wait in the waiting room?

MinnieMoni

Asked by MinnieMoni at 7:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• No I am an adult woman I didnt need my husband in the room when I went to the OBGYN. He DID come to the ultra sound. But I really saw no need for him to be at any other appointment.... it isnt like Im a child and cant handle a dr visit.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My husband went with me the first couple of times but I think he was only in the room for an exam once. I was about 17 - and I was pregnant and he was boyfriend at the time. So I was a child then but even still, it's comforting having someone there with you -- I get that. He didn't go down to the bottom and WATCH or anything. I went by myself after that though. And with our second child, I went by myself all the time - except the first appointment. And that time, him and our oldest sat in a waiting room and waited until she was done with the exam and then did an ultrasound (and heartbeat listen) while they were in the room.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My Hubby was at EVERY SINGLE Doctors appt. We made this baby together he was there's every step of the way.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Well I might be pregnant and my fiance says that he wants to go to every appointment I have. He will be very involved in the pregnancy so I'm excited.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I not a child and need my hand held, but when I got pregnant for the first time I was 32, and my husband was 38...we BOTH wanted to share in the excitement and had TONS of questions! My husband even helped me with the labor and cut the cord. There was no one else I wanted with me at appointments or the delivery of our sons--not even my mother was allowed!

I think the first poster came across as condescending.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My husband was with me at almost all of the appointments -- we were both excited about the kids like the PP said, we made the baby together!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My SO wants to be there for my whole pregnancy so he wants to go to all the appoinments. He wants to take care of me the whole time :)
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• MY DH went in with me. He had no problem with it. Actually, the first time I had an exam, he laughed at me. I wanted to throw something at him, but he was there the whole time. He was really supportive. If you want him there, he can be there. If you think about it, it's totally normal. He was there when you got pregnant, and probably before. He will be there with you when the baby is born. What is the difference between those moments and an internal exam?

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2010