OMG! OWIE! What can I do for this horrible pain? Will it cause harm? Should I bother calling my Dr?

I am 22 weeks pregnant and have an awful productive cough. I have viral bronchitis and just need to wait out the illness.

Well, I have this constant cough and every single time I cough I get sharp stabbing bilateral round ligament pain. It is getting unbearable.

What can I do? I feel like I should be eating morphine or something.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i think you should call your dr they may give you a cough surpressant
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Bend over forward or lay down and bring your legs up to your chest (well, you know what I mean) when you have to cough. That's really all you can do besides take tylenol... You've got to give the ligaments rest so they can heal or they'll just keep hurting. Call your doctor about taking Mucinex maybe? There's got to be something to clear out the mucous so there's less to cough up....less mucous means less coughing and less hurting. Hope you feel better soon! I know how bad that pain is...
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 1:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• if you cough and it makes your muscles strain in your belly it could lead to hurting - but you cant squish your baby by flexing your muscles too hard -
    get rid of that cough cause illness can cause low birthweight and other complications
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 2:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Update, I did call my nurse and she is concerned about the constant ligament pain. She needs to talk to my Dr. I am waiting for a return call.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2008