is there a such thing as partial dentures

like where you can keep your front teeth and only get fake back ones and not them that cost 2000 a tooth either...how much are they???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Health

• Yes, there are, but I don't know how much they are.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes. There are partial dentures. And you can even have partial implants (sort of like the single tooth implants but it's a connected "set" that is implanted)

A regular partial. Depending on size (how many teeth).. and whether or not you need both uppers and lowers.. Will cost, without insurance, I would guess (based on all the dental work I have had done the past fews years with insurance), $1500 and up (most likely up.. lol..)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:37 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• yes they look like retainers.... but they cost differently and have to be fit into your mouth.....
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 7:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes, dentists can make partial dentures. As for the costs-- dentures, partials and implant costs do vary-- depending on where you go and what you have done. The best way to find out what can be done for you and the cost involved would be to schedule an exam/consult visit with your dentist and ask him/her for different treatment plan options and see what would work best for you.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I can tell ya uppers are MUCH easier to keep in your mouth than lowers.....I have a full set and the lowers come out sooner after eating almost anything.

Uppers stay in cause of the suction you have ..I kick out my lowers alot, as my right gum line is much shorter than the left side.

Prices do vary though for them though.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:08 PM on Sep. 6, 2010