My chest hurts really bad

It hurts to the point where when everytime I take a breath it hurts more. Does anyone know of any meds I can take to relieve this pain. I cannot go to the ER because I have no one to watch my kids. At the hospital here they will not see a patient who have kids with them. I know this because I have been turned away before because I had my daughter with me and all I went for was a sprained ankle. Please any ideas are welcome. BTW I am not pregnant so the meds wont affect me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Health

• A hospital can't turn your away if you have to bring your child bc you are a single mother...
    Chest pains can be a lot of things Heartburn, respiratory infection, even heart attach/issues and unless
    you know for sure it's hard to tell you what you might be able to take.
    I would go and see a doctor ...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• wheree is the pain???
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 7:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Sprained ankle and chest pains are totally different. They can't turn you away for chest pains. You need to be seen by a doctor if it's hurting really bad.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 7:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Could it be like indigestion or heartburn? Have you tried tums?
    cjsjellybean

Answer by cjsjellybean at 7:42 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i get chest pains right now but it feel like my ribs are spreading... i just lay down and put a cold pack on each side..... if your really in pain go to the doctors!!!! just scream and bitch until they see you!!! i did that once when i was feeling really hot and dizzy and wanted them to take my temp when i was 6 weeks preg. they were like go to your ob and i was like ummm if i have a fever i need this taking care of right now... guess what they saw me then.....
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 7:45 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• The hospital CAN NOT turn you away. It is against the law.

Maybe you need to go get a cop to take you to the hospital so they can be there when you are refused services for chest pain.

I have heart problems and I know what pain you are talking about and you NEED to be checked out ASAP.

Good luck.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Chest pains are NEVER to be messed with. Get your butt to the hospital ASAP!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I would go and be honest chest pains are serious.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It would be unethical for a hospital to turn you away for for having your children with you, especially chest pains. How do they know it's not life threatening??? Are you just supposed to leave you kids unattended??? Dumb asses!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Go to the hospital!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010