groups

I've never made a group before.... When you start a group, does it give you time to set up the group before it shows the group to the rest of CM? Like a journal entry, does it let you save your group before you "publish" it, if you get what I mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Create Your Own CM Group

here is a walk through of how to set up a group.

As the PP said you need to set the privacy settings as you go or the group will show up. However, the will not show up in a search until you have activity.

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:58 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I have one and it's been a while, but if I remember right, there is a choice of whether you want the group to be searchable on CM publicly or not (i.e. if you want the group to be by invitation only) as well as settings for each post where they can be private or public, etc. If it is a work in progress, you could always just enter the name and a statement about what is coming to try to get some interest going and members... it's more motivating to keep on top of the group when people are participating.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I haven't started a group, but I know there is a group for group owners. You could search for it or ask another group owner
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 7:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I've never started a group but I'll bump you.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2010