considering converting to paganism....

I guess I would consider myself a pantheist. But I am thinking about fully converting to paganism. They are similar because they are both nature-based. But I would like to learn more about paganism; what it takes to "convert"....etc. Any recommended resources? much appreciated! Blessed be!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 7:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• lots of internet resources!! totally cool girly! : )
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 7:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• There is a wonderful woman on here actually who has some amazing blogs.

One moment, let me access my messages and I will sendyou the links she sent me. :)

And maybe she will find you also!

Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Well, really, no one "converts" to Paganism, it doesn't take anything, there are no requirements... Most Pagans will tell you it's more like "going home" than it is anything else... However, there are some awesome recourses out there for people who are looking to learn more about a Pagan Lifestyle and Belief System...

Here's my Blog - One Witches Wonderland  My site will launch around Halloween.

Pagan's Path Site

About.com's Pagan Blog

Feel Free to message me with any questions.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:08 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• thank you sabrina! "convert" was the only term I could think of at the moment lol.

and thank you Memigen!!!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I wish you luck in your search for what is real in your life. I could not give up on G-d for a second. He has pulled me through some pretty amazing things in my life. I hope you understand that I am not trying to get you do take up my Faith, but I do have a great feeling knowing that my G-d will always be there for me, no matter what.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 8:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Well imagine my surprise to see your name on this post lol. It really depends on what type of paganism you are looking at. No "conversion" required, but if you are looking to join a coven, they will tell you how they do it.. In my situation, I was invited to the moon lodge by a woman I met and connected with. Never actually made it (kept forgetting or would have a conflict). Then I went to a women's conference (UU) and took a medicine wheel seminar... just so happened that the teacher was the woman who led the lodges. I told her I have been supposed to meet you for almost a year... I finally made it because the teachings really spoke to me. I participated in ceremony, circle lodge, and teaching lodge for a year or two and when my elder (the teacher) was given signs it was time to initiate me into the clan, we did that ceremony and I was given a name.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• There are tons of resources on the internet to learn about Paganism, as well as a ton of books. As everyone else (and you) have said, it's not really a conversion, just finding yourself or something like that. Everyone else has pretty much said it all. Good luck :)
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Good luck!!
    As has been said...no real convertion or things that must be done to be a good Pagan.
    If you want to read non-websites the Idiots Guides are good.

Joeygoat~for the record a good chunk of Pagans DO believe in a Higher Power of some kind.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• good luck
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:26 AM on Sep. 6, 2010