Help? My baby wakes up 2 times at night and shes 9 months old :(

Any thoughts? do i let her cry it out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• Only two times a night? Lucky you!

Check out "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. But really? If she sleeps a five hour stretch, she's sleeping through the night. You are to be envied.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I personally would try letting her cry some. Not for hours or anything like that, but maybe 15 minutes or so. I've done it with both of mine when it comes time for going to bed, but I started it at an earlier age so they were very used to it by 9 months. If the baby cries at all anymore, it's less than a minute, so I guess I wouldn't really call it crying, more like fussing. Good luck!
    MamaJAG

Answer by MamaJAG at 2:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Psh, my son is 5 and he still gets up at night.
    qtnik

Answer by qtnik at 2:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• im kinda torn between crying it out and not. I do use it when nothing else works but not a whole lot. My son is almost 6 months and he still wakes up 2 times a night and i was using the 12 hour sleep solution bood where you start with one of their bottles and every three days decrease it by half an ounce until it is gone and then do the same with the other bottle but my son just seemed generally hungry and would scream if he got less than two ounces so it didnt really work that way either but you might be able to get it to since your little one is older.
    bc19

Answer by bc19 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• join moms with questions. answer to this question is there.
    txprints

Answer by txprints at 3:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My son was still waking up 5 times a night at that age. He didn't sleep through the night until he stopped breastfeeding at 15 months. I don't really have any good advice. Just letting you know that all kids are different, yours isn't doing anything weird or wrong, and this will pass. I promise. :-)
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• mine hasn;t since like she was 3-4mths and is 11 1/2mths now. I don;t let her nap too close to bed time, like if she goes to bed when i do say at 10pm or so she can't nap past like 7pm. I have taught her nit nite and go lay down and she does, just have to keep saying the word and lay her/him down like over and over
    Anonymous