can a stuff animal that sings (ex: jessus loves me) be put in the washer?

my baby girl has been going a whole lot lately... in her diaper but a whole lot at once. so she's been having to take lots of baths & of chorse i have been having to clean up messes. well, this time it got on her lamb & it sings "jessus loves me". i'm just wondering if i can put it in the washer & it would come out still being able to sing.
i've tried using a spong with soap... but it still stinks!

meaux83

Asked by meaux83 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• generally, no. but a lot are made with a velcro opening that you can take the mechanical part out first.
    Anonymous

• only if you can take out the music box and wash the animal separately. otherwise the water will ruin the music box. try some febreeze. it might help!
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 2:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Sometimes yes, just read the care tag on the toy.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Honestly, I'd throw it out and get her a new one.
    qtnik

Answer by qtnik at 2:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• thanks! i tried the febreeze... after i had used a damp rag again. it helped. well, it smells better. but i'm not sure i'm going to let her play with it for a while. not sure if it's grem free. but she likes it so i'm going to put it up for her to look at.
    thanks! again. oh yeah, when easter comes again will get her another.
    meaux83

Answer by meaux83 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I wash all stuffed animals because my kids are allergic to dust mites. If they do not work afterwards they can still play with it
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 2:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My son who is six now has a bunny that use to sing You are my sunshine. But it got dirty and he threw up on it so I had to wash it, it worked once or twice more after I washed it, he still has it and sleeps with it every night.
    Deb79

Answer by Deb79 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2008