Anyone love being a WORKING mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• I do. It works for me, once we have a good groove going. My 4 year old flourished in daycare/preschool, and myjob is going well. We have a good focus on family too, we have achieved great BALANCE :)
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 2:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I go back and forth with it. Right now I am laid off and I honestly love spending the extra time with my kids. Last year, when I was still enjoying my job, I would have said I liked working. I had a very flexible job where I didn't miss much of anything so maybe that's why it was bareable?
    qtnik

Answer by qtnik at 2:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Im still on maternity leave. BUT i already keep my eyes open on a nice job, coz I love to work and already have a daycare spot saved for my little munchkin :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I just went back to work and I love it, my job is flexible and I can be there for my kids if they need me.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I'm a teacher and love my job. I have great hours and my children are in a great daycare. They are both growing and developing extremely well!
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I suppose this will open me up to a slew of SAHM's who want to bash me for being honest but here goes! I like my job. The only down side to it is the fact that I miss my kids. Secondly, it is not really a choice for me to not work. We need the income. However, the fact that I like my job does not mean I like my job as a mom any less. I will be honest enough to admit that there are weekends that are stressful and I do look forward to monday morning and the solitude of my office. I don't know many SAHM's who couldn't use a break themselves from time to time.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• salexander.... why would anyone bash you for your honesty? I was a working mom until 1 1/2 years ago, but I hated my job. I think its great that you love your job! If I could find something I truly loved to do, and paid enough to be worth paying daycare, I'd go back to work in a heartbeat! When my first 2 were toddlers, I worked p/t just to get a break from them. Kids are the most stressful boss you can have!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 4:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2008