What typical children's snack makes you go "o_O WTF?!"

I never used to wonder about Animal Crackers. Such a nice, innocent little snack that can teach young children about animals and be fun and tasty at the same time, right? I used to think that.

That was before I listened to my daughter eating them earlier today. Now I wonder what mentally disturbed card-carrying member of the NRA invented Animal Crackers thinking that they would be just SO awesome for children! XD

I hear my daughter narrating while she eats. "Adriyan, I'm eating its legs. Adriyan, look, I'm eating its head. *giggle* Adriyan, I just ate its butt."

Me: o_O WTF?! *shakes head and walks away* My daughter is a strange sort of cracker carnivore.

All kids: *laughing their butts off at Silly Mommy*

LMAO It just sounded so violently morbid, the discussion of the consumption of body parts. And now you know why I'm starting to wonder if Animal Crackers are really such a good idea as a snack

PaganMommy04

Asked by PaganMommy04 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Thanks for making me laugh! And letting me know I'm not the only mother to a head eater! My girl used to do the same thing with her gummy bears and animal crackers. Head first, butt next, legs, arms, then torso. And she'd do this maniacal laugh each time. Creepy!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• LMAO, I hear you, and I will remember this next time I bring out the animal crackers!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:37 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• lol, didnt you ever eat a gingerbread man? Its like where do you start,,leg, arm, head....and he was soooo cute too!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:37 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• thank god! i thought my kids only did that! but it goes way beyond that! i bought some friut gummies and they did the same thing to them! we were in the car and suddenly from the back seat i hear, don't eat me! don't eat... its ok mommy i the bear told me not to eat its head!
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• LMAO........... I am glad I am not alone in thinking the same thing when my DD eats animal crackers. I am still. LMAO still :~)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:42 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• LMAO
    Thanks for this i really needed the laugh
    momoftatertots

Answer by momoftatertots at 8:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• cheetos...i hate when they naw on them. "put the damn thing in your mouth and eat it"..thats what i want to say.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• LMAO! I've always thought that about animal crackers. And gingerbread men. And any other candy, cookie, etc. that looked like something living.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• lmao!!! best post EVER!
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2010