Would you wear a female condom designed to trap a rapist?

I know, it's old, but weird as hell.

I guess they were passing these babies out at the world cup, if this blog is to be believed.

it's a female condom, with razor sharp teeth on the inside. A man forces himself inside, and gotcha! He's got to go to a hospital to get it removed.

clicky links to follow.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 8:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I remember when this was first in the news during the world cup. I can see both sides of it - the area where the games were this year are known for some horrendous crime, including rape. If the knowledge that these things are being handed out for free to any woman they might encounter is a deterrent, that's great. But what about the case where it's not a deterrent and the guy does it anyway? He'll be in serious pain, and he'll be caught. He won't be completely incapacitated and he won't be dead. What's to prevent him from bashing a woman's head in against the wall in direct response to the pain? It almost seems like leaving the wrapper hanging out of your pocket would be "safer" protection than using it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:48 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Knowing my luck, I'd put the stupid thing "on" inside out, up side down, and backwards. Ok, is there some way to know which women are going to be raped? Many, many women live their entire lives and aren't attacked in any way. How do you choose? Strange......
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It's weird but the thought of what it does to a rapist is funny.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I like the idea of what happens to the rapist.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• LOL Hell yeah!!! I wold even wear it if I ever caught my husband cheating too! lol
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 8:45 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• "Someone hand me my mace, my brass knuckles and my Rapex condom. It’s eleven at night and we need a loaf of bread!"

I read this on the first clicky and laughed so hard I about peed!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Like Jesse, I'd be afraid of putting it in inside out and having to go to the er to have it removed!
    I like it though. I've been raped. It sucks. It takes forever to get over that shit. I would have loved to have had one of these!
    The ones who call it harsh and all that, I doubt they've been there. I think it's a fitting thing for a rapist.
    If I could do it without being afraid of harming myself, I'd wear it in a heart beat :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• How do you prepare for rape?... "BABE!" "yes dear!" "Are you wearing your Rapex today?" or "Dont forget to put your rapex in!" sticky note ;)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Hell it's not harsh! I wish I had it when I was raped and I think its a good idea to give it away at the "rape" capital
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• You know what, I was raped when I was 15. Would I wear this? NO! I would be more worried about the long term damage that wearing something like this could cause. I find it horrifying that there are manufacturers out there trying to cash in on the fear of being raped... The vast majority of women will never even be close to being raped, and the chances that you would happen to have this in when you were raped would be minuscule! Also, if they are giving them out do you think the men won't take the 2 seconds it takes to check for and remove it before they rape you? I mean, they are raping you, do you think they will be kind enough not to stick their hand up there first? Sorry, I don't see any point in something like this!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2010