when did your children start walking?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 8:42 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• #1 was 14 months
    #2 was 10 months
    #3 started a few days after turning 1
    #4 started the week before she turned 1
    #5 is only 7 weeks old
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:17 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• She started walking holding things at around 15 months, and alone at around 17 or 18 months. She was more interested in scooting on her belly and talking my ear off to bother with walking. At first, she'd try walking and talking and couldn't do it so she would sit down, finish what she was saying then get up again. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Just for clarifications sake, I count the start of my children's walking at the point that they were able to walk well on their own. My oldest son was walking by 18 months (he also has Down Syndrome), my middle son walked by 9-10 months, and my youngest is only 6 months and working on crawling, lol.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My son started walking at 9 months old. It was crazy. He would crawl over the crib gate and get himself down to the floor to come find me. I honestly gave up cause you cant reason with a 9 month old. I was so worried that something was going to happen to him that I brought him in bed with us. When dh got sick of that I slept on a couch with my son. I couldnt leave him in a toddler bed when he kept waking up every single night and walking around. ugh,,anyway,,9 months, he walked at 9 months
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I6 months old. She was a late walker but with-in days she was running.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My daughter started right before she turned 1 (like a week) and my 14 month old still isn't walking, but he too his first steps the other day :)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• 10 MONTHS
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• 10 months
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• At 11 months my son got Rotavirus. He kept getting it (thank you "Mommy and Me" at the public library every Wednesday), and after a few weeks he lost weight, he was not dehydrated though, thanks to Pedialite and the BRAT Diet. He did however, stop trying to walk, crawl or even cry. He went from a 2T to an 18months. When he was hospitalized at 14 months for 2 weeks I was a wreck... but once they diagnosed him properly and treated him and got better, he was on the fast track to running!! Litterally, he went from limp and helpless to running in a few days! Hooray for modern medicine!!! Now? He's a super healthy, 17 year old ladies man!! LOL!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• one son at 12 months and second at 13 months
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2010