SAHM?

I would love to stay home with my baby, (i'm due in May) However I'm pretty sure we cant afford it. I dont make a lot of money but it helps ends meet. Has anyone decided to stay home even thought they have doubted being able to afford it, and it was worked out?? Thanks

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Money & Work

• When I lost my job last year, I became a SAHM and have loved every minute of it. Sure, having one income limits the things we do, but it CAN be done. I just *hated* having my kids in daycare, and the money I had to pay to have someone else watch them when I should be doing it myself. Now we're all better off. We still go out to eat; we're not completely deprived. It's just a lifestyle change.

You could/should join some SAHM groups, if you haven't already. I'm sure many of them would say the same thing.
    sugarfits

Answer by sugarfits at 2:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I'm almost to the point I can quit my day job. I'm just afraid to take the final leap, but I may after Christmas. I'm doing lots of 'at home' jobs. Last month alone, I made over $1600. So, if you’re looking, it’s free, you have nothing to lose, you should go to http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• When I had my second baby in 14 months my mother and grandmother who both watched my oldest told me they couldn't watch both of them and I worked Midnights so I couldn't send them to daycare. I became a stay at home mom... We lost my income of about $800 a month... We knew it would be tight but it ended up being more than we could afford... So I started looking for WAH opportunities. Now I make more than my hubby working just part time from home!

I know you want to ask me how!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I do stay at home, and am doing just fine. Daycare, gas, clothing, etc will cost you an arm and a leg.
    Here are the businesses I am affiliated with, they are both worth it by far, and I have never considered either one a waste of my time! I enjoy my work for once!

www.slumberpartiesbypolly.com
    Kit sale ends October 31st--commission is 40% and up. Very lucrative. FREE training, leads, website, support and more!

http://www.beautifuldiva.com/reps/page/Polly.html
    Free to join, free training and website. Not as lucrative, but it will do

romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 6:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• we did it. When I was pregnant with my 3rd baby we decided it was not worth it to pay to pt them all in daycare. Money was tight but we managed. I got sick of being broke so I started a home business. Now we are doing great! Let me know if you would like the info:)
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 6:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• If you consider a home business, you can make extra money and stay home to raise the baby. I would love to share with you my story and what i do to stay home.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Hi Heatmac4,

Are you in a Hurry for money? If Not, would you like to work from Home and build a Great Income that will continue to grow. This is something that you can do right along with anything that you're doing to create a fast Income

Not a Get Rich Quick Scheme! If that's what you are looking for I can't help you! If you are willing to work at it , I can. If you have a LITTLE money to invest in yourself, Great! If Not, that's Great too. By a Little, I mean less than a cup of coffee a day, per month! I think it comes to 43 cents a day! If you're interested, send me your e-mail, you can check it out on line and if you like it, Join, if not just let me know and I won't bother you again!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Barb

MotherBee234

Answer by MotherBee234 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2008