Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Bumps

Not a damn thing I can do...this sucks. How do I not care?

This sounds like a lifetime movie. Yes I know he's a big boy...I will not be involved but I'm so angry right now. My BIL married a very mentally ill woman. She got pregnant very quickly when they first met. She had a husband who died of a "pill mix up" in her bathroom. Three mos aafter she was preg by BIL. She has called me and told me that BIL had a pill mix up and was rushed by ambulance to the hospital and said she thought he would die. She has beaten him, trapped him, abused him, made him lose his job, and started fights w family to isolate him etc. He has called us locked in a bathroom crying but he stays because she threatens to take his son from him if he leaves. We are sick of it, sick of him not leaving, and tired of hearing about it. He was about to leave & now she says shes preg again. I'm disgusted, angry, and it's none of my business. We don't call them. Should we cut him off? We can only take so much. cont


Asked by Musicmom80 at 8:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Relationships

Level 36 (80,428 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (21)
  • turn her lunacy in and get those kids to somewhere safe! i would say do not let her have it because she has kids in the picture. she has some sort of trust or something in you so if you let her have it what may she do after she hangs up the phone? do what needs to be done for the children and fuck both of the adults in this case

    Answer by MoMoFu at 11:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

  • I think you could call social services and see if they can't help her with her mental instability and keep the kid they already have safe. Good luck :)

    Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

  • I think you you need to get the kids out of there and help him get away from her. Go to the police and explain to them what happen with this whole story and one death of the pill mix up. They will look into this right away. You need to stand by him she is a nut nut and he needs to get away from her for good along with this child and if there is a child on the way. HELP YOUR BROTHER IN_LAW.He NEEDS YOU ALL. GL

    Answer by raemommy at 8:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

  • Be there for him when he needs you. Poor kids.

    Answer by QandA at 8:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

  • Does sound like a lifetime movie.
    I would still stick by him. She sounds crazy with the whole pill mix up on both her husband and now your BIL is crazy. Wait and see if she is really pregnant and if not help me get out of there with his son. From what little you put I think the baby is at risk too. Who knows what she might do when she gets frustrated with him. Mix up the baby water with rum? Stay by him he needs to sanity in his life just avoid her.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

  • get police involved if you have proof... go to court get her court ordered psych help!!!! keep caring otherwise he has no chance!

    Answer by pinkdena at 8:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

  • dont fight with her... she may turn on you too and you dont need that...

    Answer by pinkdena at 8:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

  • I think she is driving him mad. He very well become situationally mentally ill. Can you talk him into consulting an attorney secretly? To find out his options? It sounds as though he'd be able to prove her unfit, maybe. If women can get away from men that try to trap them, then men can get away from women that trap them. I wouldn't count him out just yet. She may push him over the edge if he's got no help. He needs help to get away, just as a woman would. Get him to seek legal help, he can get a free consultation. And he may be able to get pro bono representation on this. If he can prove she tried to kill him, which is sounds like she did, then he needs to get away. And he needs to get those kids away. That would help him to do that. Maybe the whole family would even pool some money together to help him. But find him some resources, find him options and present them.

    Answer by Raine2001 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

  • She really sounds psycho I would be worried about her child too with her there

    Answer by conweis at 9:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

  • i would call a mental hospital and get her admitted. she needs help. then he won't lose his son and she will get help. she could be lying about being pregnant. since she's got issues. i had a friend who would lie about pregnancy to keep her boyfriends. i think you should be there for him. he needs support right now.

    Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2010