Whats the best part of being a mom?

What brings the joy out of being a mom? for me, its getting to see my son smile and laugh and knowing I brought him here. He is my gift from God to share with the world!

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 8:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would say the moments that they come up and randomly give you kisses that your not expecting & soon to be dd's first day of school because she is so excited that she is going to headstart. Oh and at bedtime both of my kids say Mommy you sing so pretty will u sing a song & then when I am done they both say "Mommy I love u forever & ever & ever.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Slimy baby kisses. The first time that they say mom. First steps. First day of school.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Knowing that they will grow up to be a productive involved part of society and knowing that I was a part of it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• That my DD is a good hearted person, honest and a loving person and that I taught her that.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• ((((giggles)))) When they start doing Saturday chores, and are big enough to do the dishes!!!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Agree with Qand A. It is a real high knowing that I had something to do with the two caring, responsible, adults that my boys are today.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• mama2005 you made me tear up!!
    Alysia_Moore

Comment by Alysia_Moore (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I love the hugs and kisses and "i love yous" too...but another of my favs is teaching my son something and then a few days later hearing him talk about it....he's really learning. i think it's so cool that they go from teeny little infants who don't know and understand much to a big kid who is capable of hearing or seeing something and then recalling it later and really understands it. I love it!
    stykir

Answer by stykir at 9:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• When they repeat something that I've taught them. It's important to me to be the first teacher for my children. Whether it be with manners, bounderies, or their ABC's, I want to be the one who instills that first lesson. And when I heard my son playing with his cars counting all by himself (He'll be two on the 23rd) it made me soo happy! And when I say the ABC's with him and he says the letter that comes next instead of just repeating what I say, that shows that he's learning the letters. It's great!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• When they go off to college and you get your house and TV and computer back and can spend alone time with your hubby again.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2010