In all honesty, if I give my son a Cheeto is it really gonna kill him?

My mom BITCHED me out the other day for giving my 10 month old a puffy Cheeto! I have a lot of friends with kids and they all eat cheetos lol he has 9 teeth and I dont find it to be that big of a deal! Its once in a while and its not like its a meal. Did you give your kids a Cheeto every once in a while?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 9:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Even if you gave him a couple everyday it wouldn't do any harm to him. If she's complaining about the unhealthy aspect then she has to understand what moderation is. Giving a child junk in moderation isn't going to make them obese or unhealthy. It's only when children eat high amounts of junk in one day that causes them to have health issues and to become obese. A cheeto here and there, or any kind of junk will not harm him in the least bit.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• The only thing you have to be careful of, is when they turn into teenagers and you bring a bag of puffy cheetos home, you will probably only get to eat one!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Nope. Everything in moderation.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with giving the child a cheeto. It may not be the most nutritious food that he should eat, but as long as you watch him carefully (for choking) it should not hurt him. Just don't make a habit of it. They have Gerber cheddar puffs which are similar to Cheetos, but are better nutritionally. They actually taste pretty decent (my daughter likes to feed them to me). If you are looking to give him a treat, these may be a better option.
    willison85

Answer by willison85 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I see absolutely nothing wrong with it, bu that's just me.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• You know, Gerber makes a toddler version called Lil' Crunchies. They're baked, made with whole grain and have added vitamins. and the Zesty Tomato ones are soooooo good!!
    but no, giving your 10 mo old a single Cheetoh is not going to hurt him.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I bet he enjoyed it! Nothing wrong with it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• O my gosh! I can't believe you would do that to your child! No JK.
    Give you kid the Cheeto, your his mom, heck give him 13 It's not gonna hurt him.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Well my DD has had two cup cakes in her whole 2 1/2 yrs on her first & 2nd B-Day. I don't see an issue with it being once in a while. i just don't feed my child junk.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• At that age no. Im big on healthy foods though and i believe if i was going to give him a bite of something, it better be nutrutious :) Thats just me though. Theres nothing wrong if it truly is a once in a while thing.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 9:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2010