Does your husband drive you nuts?

Mine is a neat freak,he likes everything put away in it's place,he shuts droors if they are openned and he can't leave the house until the dishes are all washed.Also the beds have to be made!This stresses me out because I'm a layed back kind of person and so what if I undress and leave my clothes on the floor,sometimes I like to do that but I don't because I'm afraid he'll call me a slob,he's called me that before.I'm kinda afraid not to pick up after myself because I try to keep the peace around here.It would feel good to not always straighten up everything,sometimes I don't and I feel good about that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband drives me nuts daily. He's not a clean freak. Hell I can't get him to clean anything at all or put a dirty dish in the sink. He gets under my skin for just about everything that he does.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Really? Borrow my DH for a week. haha You will miss having a guy clean up after himself. My dh can hardly wipe his own ass if I don't remind him! Much less clean ANYTHING! hahaha
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• OMG YES!!!! Mine is the exact opposite!!! he leaves his plate out and his cups all over the house! my biggest pet peeve that he does, LEAVES chips, cereal, and bread open so they get stale!!!!!!! same with if I make a cake or brownies, he leaves the foil off of them so they are hard as a rock! Hes a brat. I know the feeling though. I tear him a new one all the time for it and it never seems to change. I guess its another thing we have decided to put up with when we picked them lol
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 9:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I wish mine was a neat freak, you are lucky.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My hubby drives me nuts about how long it gets him to do something like paperwork, getting ready he is just a plain out procrastinator. Things are some much easier said then done.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• WE drive each other nuts. I've determined that we are in a race to see who drives who to the state mental hospital first.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• ok so people have little quirks right but honestly why fight over the little stuff??? yeah i hate it when my husband leaves his boxers on the floor or doesnt pick up his empty cans/wrappers and throw them away but honestly i would rather have that then him away for 6 months to a year.... i have to wait another 4.5 months until i see him again..... i cant wait to see the boxers on the floor and his combat boots in the middle of the floor where i walk..... i just pick them up throw things in the wash or put it by the door or trash in the trashcan.. i just am happpy to have him around!!! i am a neat freak so he tries hard to keep things clean too!!!! love your spouse care about him and forgive his short comings.... cause one day when hes not there you will miss those crazy pesky pet peeves!!!! i really wish he was home to annoy me cause then it means hes not over there risking his life. you never know what you have til its gone
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 9:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I have to agree with pinkdena, it's the little things you have to over look and just be glad he's there. It's not easy getting use to living with another person, that's part of the package we get when we get married. When my S/O was in Viet Nam I didn't see him for 14mos. and I'd have picked up anything for him, yet now sometimes he gets on my nerves leaving things around sometimes. I think when you really truly love your S/O somehow you learn to overloook the little things, maybe he also needs to try and over look some of the little things. Maybe have a heart to heart and tell him how he makes you fell and your a different person than he is, and your trying, but name calling is not the solution , and how would he like it? It's a give and take in a marriage, you both have to learn how to change for each other, not just one of you, I'd have a talk , but not in the heat of an argument, some time when it's just a quiet talk.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• myangel003 if i could thumb up your reply i totally would!!!! (i just reached my max for today lol) i haven't seen my husband since early may (cant say actual date) i hate him being gone. our first year of marriage and we only spent a month or 2 together (enough to get me pregnant loli) cause of training and deployment
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 9:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Let your husband know that you're not him and you're not going to clean in the manner that he does. If he doesn't like it then he can clean up after you while you relax. Hahaha

Yes, my husband drives me nuts most everyday. He's a gamer. For those who don't know, true Gamers are addicted to their gaming system. Whether it be PC or console. That means they tend to become soo focused on their game that they either are irritated by you even talking to them or they don't respond at all. Then other things stem from that .. Like the need to always game, the need to constantly talk about games, the need to escape from reality to game. You've never met a true gamer until you've met my husband. Then again, I shouldn't say all real gamers are that bad, but most are.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2010