what would u do?

Okay i am sick and so is my 18 month old. But my sons have seemed fine maybe a cough or two here and there. Well this is there first year of school and since they seemed fine i sent them to school, well one of them told there teacher and she told me with a kind of disapproving look that he said everyone is sick at home. Do you send your kids to school in this situation or keep them home? Thank you not sure what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• well I would probably leave them home, cause maybe they are not sick yet and it's in there body and could possibly spread it to another child. but if the child is fine, no temp. or congestion in there chest then yah it's fine to go to school.
    christina200107

Answer by christina200107 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I would still send the well children to school. If they are going to get sick down the line, so be it. The school will call you if they are not well. You need time to get well and keeping home children who are not sick, is not going to give you any rest. Don't feel guilty about it.
    mariasmom311

Answer by mariasmom311 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• you can't keep them home if they are not sick that is setting a bad example for them that everytime your sick it is ok for them to stay home. Also the district themselves frown on excuses like that.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Send them to school If they filling good.
    cloverlady2008

Answer by cloverlady2008 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• The school requires all kids to go to school even if they are throwing up/ fever...whatever it doesn't matter. Just stop by at the nurses office and they will let you know if its ok or not.

I personally never do this, i just call and let them know, and she is marked as absent
    krubalc

Answer by krubalc at 7:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I had a stomach bug a couple of months ago and my son went to school... We kept our distance from each other as soon as I developed my symptoms, but he went to school... His grandmother kept him for a couple of nights until it had run it's course, but why would you keep them home if they show no symptoms?! I know my child will get sick at some point and when he does, then he will stay home, but otherwise he should be at school!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 8:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I would send them to school. They aren't suppose to be contagious unless they are running a fever right??
    beward79

Answer by beward79 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• If I am sick and they are not of course I send them. I have 5 kids and if I kept them home everytime someone else was sick they would never go...that seems a bit crazy to think you are rude for sending a healthy child to school on the off chance he would spread a germ he may not even have.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I had the same situation. My whole family of 5 can't be home when one is sick. That is not responsible. You did the right thing!!
    malpait

Answer by malpait at 2:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2008