Depression

Do you have any type of depression or ADD, ADHD that disrupts your life a lot, at home, work in social situations and how?
Do you get help?

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 9:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Health

• I have suffered from depression my entire life. I tyr to surrpund myself with possitive people and have taken medication for it. Right now I am taking fish oil and b12 vitamins. When I've really dropped, I've seen a therapist.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I have ADD
    My house normally looks like a tornado hit. My desk looks like a paper recycle bin threw up on it and my car looks like I live in it.
    I'm considered quite smart, but I feel stupid because I can't keep organized.
    My old assistant would 'organize' me every few months. She would then prompt me to clean it up ever few days. When it gets completely out of control, she reigns it in.
    I have a new assistant now. My old assistant has been assigned to new staff, but she's training the newbie.
    My house it is just me and the two kids most of the time. My husband works late. We've been doing better with the house. We clean from top to bottom every weekend. We also plan menus and pre cook a lot on the weekends so I have less to do during the week. A lot of papers pile up. My hubby will remind me to pick things up or straighten it up during the week. Otherwise, I really don't notice. I use Post Its a lot.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I persoanlly have not, however my mother is a manic depressant, and my brother is bi polar. I strive to help them as much as possible, they do take meds as well as seeing a counsler. Sometimes are harder than others but we try to stay positive and get through it.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 9:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Have you noticed a difference after taking the supplements?
    BeaMoore

Comment by BeaMoore (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I have suffered from depression for a long time. I've tried different medications but have yet to find something that works over the short term. It affects nearly every aspect of my life and I'm sick of it. Feel free to read my journal post on how depression feels to me.
    tharealty2

Answer by tharealty2 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I do. I have both actually. I have been diagnosed with Generalized Depression and Anxiety Disorder and I also have ADD.

I tried prescrition meds but they knocked me out to the world and some made me haluscinate (sp?). I didn't like he zombie effect they gave so I switched to St. John's Wort herbal supplement and it is MUCH better! I am much happier and feel "normal". The ADD I just ty to cope with my day to day life. It doesn't bother me too much because I'm so used to it. Before I knew what it was I taught myself to cope by keeping my mind busy. I literally tend to do multiple things at once tohelp keep my mind "happy" as I call it. lol

Please feel free to message me anytime! I don't mind trying to give advice!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I was reading layh's answer and se brought up a good point. I use a lot of notepads and post its!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i write things down, and have a lot of different lists, lol, like what are important things to do, like apply for disability, because I cannot function any more, ideas for arts and crafts, ideas about what I can make that will sell, appointments of course, etc. etc.
    Thank you for quick and awesome responses. One good thing that makes you feel better is chatting with other people who know how you feel.
    Memigen, thank you so much for letting me talk when I need to.!!!!! Smooches
    BeaMoore

Comment by BeaMoore (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• tharealty2, I will check out the journals in just a minute. Sorry, ADHD is kicking in. I have another question in Health department on different subject. Thank you so much for letting me know. As I said, it is seriously therapeutic to meet people with the same condition, I am not happy for you, that you have it, but we probably can help each other by venting.
    BeaMoore

Comment by BeaMoore (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I was worried about starting medication however since I have been on it for about a week I have been doing much better I promise it was the best choice I have made for a long time. I am against medication taking but I almost slapped my one month old.... that was when I realized that I need to do more than counseling. I have mellowed out and feel better. It is a very suttle change and I am still me I feel great.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2010