i had gallbladder surgery on friday

its been 2 days sence my surgery, what can i start eating i am vegan so i wont be eating to much fats but im hungery i feel like i may beable to eat but have no clue were to start?
some one please helpp!!!!!!!!!!!!

redivy

Asked by redivy at 9:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Health

• i would call your doctor cuz you dont want to be told that you can eat someting and acutally not be able to...so give your doctor a call and do what he says..good luck
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• well i asked them when i left they were very confusing,,,
    they told me nothing but liquieds an than they told me to eat crackers...
    an clear they didnt say how long etiher there very in an out
    redivy

Comment by redivy (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I think the crackers and liquids are usually for the first day after surgery. If you're hungry and something seems good, I think you're safe to try it. Just go slow and pay attention to your body. When i had my gallbladder out 2 years ago, they didn't give me any restrictions. Of course, I didn't FEEL like eating much, especially while on pain meds. Make sure you're getting some good fiber if you're still on pain meds, as they can really constipate you.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Have you googled it? I would call the hospital and ask to speak to somone on call who can help.

Chicken broth, beef broth, crackers, chicken noodle soup, anything with soft noodles and such like that.

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:42 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I would stick to liquids and crackers till you can talk to them again. You can always page your dr. I hope you are feeling better and back on your feet soon.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:43 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Do your discharge papers give any suggestions? I don't know anything about vegan lifestyle, but do want to wish you a speedy recovery.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:43 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I was told that after I left the hospital I could eat bland foods, nothing spicy or greasy for the first week. As long as you are avoiding those things you should be fine. I had chicken noodle soup and such...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• jello, broth, crackers, rice, toast
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• ok thank you :]
    redivy

Comment by redivy (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Hi. I believe the first night is liquids only, that is so if they have to open you again. After that, start slowly. But check with the doctor, my memory from my surgery is dim.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 10:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2010