If you are on foodstamps....how much do you and/or your S/O make a month?

My husband makes 13.68 an hour and since he started his 2nd week last week he has been getting 4 hours of overtime each day which is time and a half....We will be no longer eligible for the FS program and honestly I am proud :) Just wanted to see how much others make and get foodstamps. We have 2 kids and then us so 4 people and we get $154 a month on FS.

mommaofemma

Asked by mommaofemma at 9:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• I make $12.50 an hour and recently got cut back to only 24 hours a week so I just got a part time job at a grocery store for only $7.25 per hour. I am asuming it will only be for a few hours a week. My boyfriend makes $10.00 an hour and he is hopefully about to be making $10.50 per hour. We have three kids to support and one part time. We want to be off assistance SO BADLY! I plan by the end of the fiscal year to have our cars paid off so we don't have to be! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I know what you mean....imagine this for the past 7-8 since I have been with my husband he always made 8.25 and under until this job! In 2 years he will be making $18.00 an hour then if he gets the overtime it will be awesome.
    mommaofemma

Comment by mommaofemma (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I never answer anon, but this is something I don't exactly want to share with the world, so I'm using it. I'm not on FS now, but I was when I first started working last year. I made about $400-600 a month with a family of 3, and rent that was $275 plus all our other bills (car insurance, utilities, etc.). I was lucky to have enough money to cover bills, so I signed up and we got about $300 a month for a few months until I started getting a few more hours and got a small pay raise. Now I'm out of work and back in college and I'm thinking about signing up again because I HAVE to focus on school right now (I'm going to school full time and I'm barely keeping up as it is with my crazy schedule). Plus my husband doesn't want me to try to juggle both plus home life, and he's making about $1,000 a month. I feel guilty about not working, but last time I was working, in school, and raising a baby, I dropped out to work more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I am a full time student looking for any sort of a job and not having any luck so far. i get 361. i will be fine one day though
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 10:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Never been on PA. Hope everyone can find good jobs!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My husband makes $400/week salary pretax. It comes to $685 every two weeks take home. Rent is $425/month. I don't work (still looking but even McDonalds won't hire me). We get $185/month in FS. And are very happy to get it until I can find a job.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We are surviving on unemployment checks and the state said we make too much money to qualify for food stamps.
    We get $630 a week.
    Our mortgage + condo fee is $1600 a month.
    bluestreak35

Answer by bluestreak35 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I get 561 a month ..My hubby got laid off from a good job he had for 5 yrs .,.But recently got a great job making 17 an hour so thank god we will be off of it, that is what it is for , It is there when u need it and when u dont u get off it ..Nothing wrong with it if it is used right. Babies & kids have to eat . God bless u all who are working hard or laid off and are having a hard time makin it. U will be blessed . Keep ur head up
    bubbaelea22

Answer by bubbaelea22 at 1:21 AM on Sep. 6, 2010