Is most Army Wifes stay at home moms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it is about half from my experience.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I wouldnt just say army wives I would say military wives. But I think most are stay at home moms because its hard to start a career when you are moving every few years or having to deal with the stress of deployment and raising the kids on your own through that difficult time.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• A lot of military spouses are SAHMs. We have to be. We move around all the time. I've been to job interviews and the employer flat out has said that he is looking for someone more permanent. Our schedule/lives revolve around our husband's and the military. Not the other way around. We have to pick up and start over every three years or so. That means finding a new network and people we can trust with our children. Most of the time we do not have family nearby to help us. It's not an easy life. I was active duty for 12 years before I became a SAHM.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• In my experience being an army wife and have many friends that are also army wifes. It seems like the ones with kids (which is most of them) are sahm (like myself). But then the ones that don't have kids yet seem to get part time jobs.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 7:15 AM on Sep. 6, 2010