is 3 mos to young to be teething?

my 3 month old is teething i think. her gums are on fire and running a slit fever here and she get happy when i put oral gel on her gums. and give her a frozon teething ring.

mjsmom09

Asked by mjsmom09 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no, they can teeth even at 2 months. don't use orejel, that toughens the gums, making the teeth harder to break through, which makes the teething process worse on them and you. just let it run it's course, use lots of teething rings, and if you want something for the pain they have natural teething drops or tablets you can get. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• she can. But that doesn't mean she will get teeth right away either. My oldest started teething at 3.5 months old, but she didn't get the tooth to come in until 6 months maybe 5 months.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My first son got two teeth at three months old. I tried to continue breast-feeding him but couldn't handle the biting, so I quit.
    betelda

Answer by betelda at 10:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• All 3 of mine had a tooth show up when they were 3 months.......so did I! It's normal but it could take a couple of months for it to come in.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 10:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My son started teething at 3 months.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2010