Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm not sure my b-d and i are going to stay together.. i really want to be with him and we still have love.. but the stress is taking too much out of us and we're fighting althe time... should i go ahead and file papers for his child support just in case or wait?

break up, child support, unsure

Answer Question

Asked by mummi2b at 2:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • have you tried counseling? sounds to me if you want to stay together but are having issues then maybe you should get a mediator, then if that doesn't help, then split up.

    Answer by workenmom at 2:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • no relationship is perfect hence the need for marriage counseling and couples therapy. i would always give that a try before just quitting. especially if we loved each other.

    Answer by melody77 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • Nothing in this world replaces both parents in the home.I am divorced an it played hard on my kids.I have a 10yr old still home an she visits her dad its not all its cracked up to be if you can make it work do it.However mine didnt work an we are doing fine.But to a child nothing beats the real deal.

    Answer by fearful5 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • try talking to him. set aside one night , leae the bs and stress behind and just talk...dim the lights etc. stress, financial problems , work etc. can really take a toll on a relationship. doesnt mean your not in love, just really stressed. me and my husband have had problems, i was considering a Divorce one time but im glad we stuck thru it cause once we got thru the hard part....were better than ever

    Answer by moki1984 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.