Am I crazy???

I keep having these mood swings that are just unlike anything I have ever experienced!! It has broken my fiance and I up and has me thinking I am just completely crazy!! I don't know what to do about it and TRUST me I want to fix it because I want to get my family back together!!! Is it normal to be this crazy durring the later part of pregnancy??? I never went through this when I was pregnant with my daughter.............

chris1143

Asked by chris1143 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Eh yeah it can be. Just tell your fiance not to take you seriously until you've slept on things. My husband knew he had to just give me my space sometimes - I could be a bawling mess one minute and be fine the next!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Different pregnancies have different reactions it is normal if you are worried really about it talk to your doctor about it.Hormones are crazy when you are pregnant you are not crazy!
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes, it could very well be your pregnancy hormones. They pretty much take over when we are pregnant.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Different pregnancies can affect you differently, hon. When I was pregnant with my oldest, I was a cold, frigid bitch starting out and had no clue as to what was happening (I didn't find out about my pregnancy til I was almost 4 months along) and then with my last 2 pregnancies, while I was still moody, I wasn't nearly as bad as I was with my first.

Try meditating. Focus on your breathing when you feel yourself starting to go into a hormonal rage. Take several deep breaths for as long as you need to until you feel yourself calm down. Just remember: The rages caused by hormones are natural, but you can still make the choice what to do with it. You can choose to find a way to help yourself calm down or you can choose to let it take you over and let yourself lop peoples' heads off left and right.
    PaganMommy04

Answer by PaganMommy04 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I have asked him to understand but this is his first baby amd he doesn't understand, but I can't even say that I understand it. He has left the house and I just miss having him here to help out. I am 31 wks pregnant so it's not easy!! Ugh I just wish it wasn't so hard...
    chris1143

Comment by chris1143 (original poster) at 10:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• You might also ask your doctor about getting on a pregnancy-safe dose of anti-depressants. Those can really help level out your hormones and also help you deal with any possible post-partum issues after your baby is born. I think, however, it depends on how far along you are, but still, it couldn't hurt to talk to your doctor about your concerns anyway. I'm sure he'd have some advice for you :-) Good luck! :-D
    PaganMommy04

Answer by PaganMommy04 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I am that mean, crazy bitch! And I plan on talking to my dr on Tues about it. I am just hoping there is something he can do to help because if not I don't know what I'm going to do :(
    chris1143

Comment by chris1143 (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I feel like I need prozac and/or a padded room at times... uggh I hate being like that!! i just wasn to go back to my normal self! The worst part is that I don't even realize I'm being crazy until I'm already in the middle of one of my rages.. I feel so sorry for my fiance and I can't even blame him for leaving me! I wouldn't want to deal with me either :(
    chris1143

Comment by chris1143 (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Just give your fiance a little bit of time to cool down and then try having a conversation with him about what's going on with you. We chicks can be friggin' scary when we're knocked up. Just apologize, explain yourself calmly and rationally. If he loves you, he'll listen. Just try to keep the conversation calm and mature and even a bit light-hearted. Can't be mad if you're laughing, right?

I'm praying for you! I hope things work out for you!
    PaganMommy04

Answer by PaganMommy04 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Ha Ha ya I guess you're right. But he has been gone for over a week now and everytime I try he tells me that until I give birth he won't come home :( I just don't know....
    chris1143

Comment by chris1143 (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2010