:( sad. Do you find the 4D ultrasounds creepy?

When I had my 20 week ultrasound my ultrasound tech was just learning their new 4D machine. I did get the normal 2D ultrasound but I also got the 4D as well. Well the only pictures that were given to me were the 4D pics and people in my life have been finding them creepy and offensive. Last night I even had a friend literally throw them back at me and tell me that these are not pictures meant to be seen.

I feel terrible, I just want to share the pride of my baby with people in my life. Not once did I expect this!

Anyone else experience this with the 4D ultrasounds or do you feel that they are creepy?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 2:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Just remember, people fear what they do not understand. That was her way of reacting to something that freaked her out because she didn't really understand the whole concept. There is nothing creepy about it. Technology is an amazing thing and 4D ultrasounds can pick up medical conditions in utero that can be fixed before the baby is born. Like Spina Bifida. Don't feel like you have done anything wrong.
    Sara0284

Answer by Sara0284 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i think they are creepy i was offered them and refused.
    Rysana

Answer by Rysana at 2:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i havent seen 4-d ones idont think.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Kelsey! OMG your belly! It is so adorable! Anyway I have some of the 4D pics on my profile.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• they are a little different, I'm not sure i think they are creepy you should be offended on how your "friends" treated you when you showed them, i know they were probably letting you know how they feel but throwing the pics back at you? that's horrible.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 2:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• They are not creepy. Whatever people think about those pictures should not bother you. Its YOUR BABY!... I never thought they are ceepy... when i saw my daughter on the 3d and 4d pics for the first time i was so much in love, i was crying, i thought she is the most beautiful girl in this world.. well she is.. for me.. :D ...

Nobody needs to like those pictures and if they give you stupid comments abou them, then dont bother with those people. Tell them to keep their comments, because they are talking about your child. Your child is beautiful and those pictures are the first pictures of your baby - cherish them. I scanned my 4d pictures and i would FREAK OUT if they would get lost or anything. hehe
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• OH NO!! When I had my kids all they had were the 2D ultra sounds and you couldn't tell anything about them. I love the new 4D ultra sounds.. My husbands kids that are expecting have had them done and you can tell who the child resembles.. Don't let that get you down.. Be proud of your ultra sound pictures.. Tell whom ever doesn't like them that they don't have to look at them.. :)
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 2:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I don't think they are creepy. You just have to realize that the babies aren't really covered in cellulite, that's just how it appears lol. I think they are nice.
    amandae21

Answer by amandae21 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I had 3d and 4d ultrasound throughout my entire pregnancy with my son! When I first saw it (18wks) I was amazed! I LOVE those ultrasounds. You can see everything so much better and in detail! I knew what my son was going to look like before he even got here.
    GabbyP.

Answer by GabbyP. at 2:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I think your ultrsound tech just needs more experience with the machine. plus at 20 weeks your baby isn't all that developed. I got a lot of ugly pics with my 4d but I also got a couple of good ones and I got mine done at 22 weeks.
    persuasion91297

Answer by persuasion91297 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2008