who all gives in to their children?

i cant stand my 2yr old screaming cuz she dont get what she wants. i try to tell her no and to get over it but its really hard to do that. i just want to see how many moms are the same way

mjsmom09

Asked by mjsmom09 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sometimes, but as a general rule, no. My kids do their best to wear me down and get what they want but generally I just walk away when they start to beg... Rather than letting it get to me I prefer to just leave the room...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Not me. I'm the "mean" mommy who does not let her children get what they want just because they scream and cry. I've gotten very good at ignoring it, actually!
    the trick is, once you say no, stick to it. She'll kick and scream at first but don't give in -- it will just perpetuate the cycle. It's hard at first but it gets easier... you just tune them out after a while!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I feel the best thing you can do when you want to give in is walk away from them when they act like that but sometimes I do cave. I admit that the stress of dealing with he abtrum becomes too much,
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 10:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Not usually. They can cry and scream all they want. All that's going to do is assure they won't get whatever it is that they want and most likely they will be sent to their room so I don't have to listen to it. For my older kids that means they are grounded for the rest of the day. When they were younger they just had to stay there until they stopped throwing a fit.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It's veryc ommon for a lot of moms to give in to their screaming child. It's very hard sometimes on some mom's to listen to a child scream and scream when they're not getting their way. However, if you give in .. Then they'll never learn. It's important to not give in to your child and let them know they can't always get their way. Put them in their room if they're screaming and walk away. Just stand up and be the parent even if it's hard.

I can't say I give in to them often, but I definately do not wehn they're throwing a tantrum. When they're being sweet I'll have a little more leeway, but if they throw a fit all bets are off.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My mom and my dad gives in to my son all the time. I try to never do that
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 11:58 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• it depends on what it is, and how she asks for it. If she throws a fit, the answer is a definite no. If she asks politely, then mostly I give in.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:47 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I kinda never do give in and wish I was better at being bendable or being able to be a little more compassionate. When i say no, I do stick to it. EVen with this, my kids test me and break rules daily. It's life.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:54 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• NO! I refuse to have embarrassing, adn unruley children!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 7, 2010