I know this is wrong but....

I've been with my husband for 8 years. All of those years, he's had pretty long hair. He shaved it today. All of it. It's about an inch long all over and he has two horrible cowlicks and a receding hairline (he's only 28). I hate it. Honestly, I can't even stand to look at him. Do you think i'll ever get used to it???

He says he doesn't know if he'll ever grow it back out because it feels better. :*( Oh God.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well I think you probably will eventually get used to it, you married the man not his head right? It's certainly not going to ruin your marriage, it's just a drastic change for you, it will take a little time. Just close your eyes when you go for it in the bed room, which you probably do anyway. LOL :)
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Ahh well..It sucks but it's part of marriage. My husband had a full head of thick hair when we met 8 years ago and now he is balding. Then again, I weighed about 50 lbs less and perkier boobs.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Seems pretty shallow of you if you fall out of love with him just because of his hair. You DID fall in love with the man not the hair right? You'll get used to it, but if he shaved it without telling you before he did it, maybe thats why you hate it, because of the shock. Give it a few weeks. He's still the same man, but with less hair.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It's his head, his hair. Would you like your husband telling you how to wear your hair all the time? You didn't marry him for his hair did you? He's still the same man. Get over yourself.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It's natural to be unattracted to a new look when you've known him with long hair for so long. It'll take some getting used to, but I think you'll get used to it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I'm assuming you look exactly the same as you did 8 years ago? We all change. Whether it's our hair, stretch marks, weight gain, boobs, etc, that's part of life and you marry the man for better or worse. There's probably things about you that has changed over the years too. You'll get used to it.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 11:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Are their things about you that have changed since you got married? I am sure it took him some time to get used to them. I am sure you will get used to it in time.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Maybe he associates his long hair with his youth. He is 28 and an adult, and if he wanted a change, what's wrong with it. If you decided to get another hair style, would you ask for his approval first?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:04 AM on Sep. 6, 2010