inducing labor

Is it true that the contractions hurts worse then just letting it happen naturaly?

brittany320

Asked by brittany320 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i was induced and i could stand the contractions but after they broke my water i couldnt take the pain anymore but i think it all depends on the person
    gurlieracer4

Answer by gurlieracer4 at 2:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• it depends on the person. so no i dont thin its true my sister was induced and she didnt have pain and my friend was just induced and she did..... so it depends.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• well i couldn't tell you the difference because both times i was induced but yeah it hurt real bad.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 2:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• The problem with inducing labor is.. that once they give you the shots (or cream/lotion) for it, there is nothing you can do about it... The contractions will come and because of the medicine (inducing) they wont stop. Thats why it -COULD- hurt more than waiting for it to just happen.

And if the baby isnt ready yet, then you will go through the induced labor for 'nothing'.. So if its not necessary then i would just wait a couple days more.

^^^ Thats exactly what my midwife told me at the pregnancy gymnastics. I hope it helped a little.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• LOL! i have to be induced 2 weeks early! i wouldnt if i didint have to! but its kind of good too because my reg due date is very close to christmas!
    brittany320

Answer by brittany320 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2008