should i take prenatals?

expressmom911

Asked by expressmom911 at 10:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it would be the best thing for you and the baby!!!! they are filled with vitamins and baby needs those!!!! also eat many veggies and fruits and protein and get all the other vitamins and minerals you can get!!!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 10:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes, taking prenatal vitamins is a very good idea - it's why doctors recommend them. Your baby will suck all sorts of nutrients out of your body and you need to make sure you are getting what you need.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• If your pregnant. Yes. If you are breastfeeding yes, If not and you just want to.. They are like multivitamins, so yeah go ahead, I still take mine, I'm going to until the prescription runs out.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 10:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• lack of supportive information here, but lets cover all the possible basics. If you're pregnant, YES, want to make your hair and nails grow faster, certainly works! wanting to be in a bit better health without stuffing your face full of fruits and veggies all day long, absolutely......Ya can't go wrong taking prenatels! :)
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 10:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes, if you can. Stress the if. I could not take prenatals because of the iron they contain. I have a stomach condition and the pain was unbearable. I took a multivitamin and my doctor said it was fine to do that.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes, mommy-to-be do everything you can to ensure a health baby.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 10:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• yes, you should. The vitamins not only help the baby but you as well.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I have never taken prenatal vitamins, i eat a healthy and well balanced diet so there is no need for it. Women rely way too much on artificial supplements instead of making sure that they are eating healthy.
    The only thing that i did take was folic acid and this is because its nearly impossible to get enough just from diet.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I guess the bigger question would be why wouldn't you?
    Sonnut

Answer by Sonnut at 10:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Is this question for real? If you don't know how important prenatals are, then you have way bigger issues
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:00 PM on Sep. 5, 2010