im having trouble keeping food down what should i do?

expressmom911

Asked by expressmom911 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i am on zofran and drinking ensure 2 to 3 times a day. they are like a meal and morning sickness for me goes away with a 'full' stomach!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 10:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My mom swore by saltine crackers. If that doesn't work then try sucking on chocolate or peppermint if you have it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Bread, crackers. water, 7 up. Bland things for a while. And your definitely going to want to take the prenatals if you can't keep stuff down.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• If you can't keep fluids down for over 24 hours, then go to the ER. Otherwise, if you've tried all the old-wives tales sorts of things, Phenegran works great, or Unisom (the little blue tablets - talk to your OB first). Zofran was the only thing that kept me from constantly throwing up.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• There's medication that the doc can prescribe.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 11:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• thanks ill try all
    expressmom911

Comment by expressmom911 (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i lke ensure didnt even think of doing that
    expressmom911

Comment by expressmom911 (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• BRATT diet. Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast and unsweet tea. If you can get your hands on some fresh Lemon Balm- it is the best and works in minutes!! It's an herb and is totally safe for consumption. I even give it to my kids when they're sick or have tummy aches. Anything over 12 hrs then you need to call your OB for further instructions whether it be a same day office visit or ER visit. When your body gets dehydrated, it will take fluid from the amniotic sac and that cannot be put back.
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• You need to call your Doctor. It isn't good to get dehydrated during pregnancy. I had to end up taking Zofran. It is completely safe and sometimes it is the only thing that will work. Good LUck Mama. I am 30 weeks pregnant and was okay to go off of it at about 22 weeks.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2010