Nursery Glider?

Where did everyone get their gliders from? How much did it cost? etc...

I am in love with all the expensive gliders that I cannot afford right now. I am debating getting a used one and replacing the cushions..

whats everyones opinion?

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 10:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I see nothing wrong with a secondhand one.... most of the furniture stores are having Labor day sales on their merchandise though!
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I had gotten mine from my MIL.....Go second hand foresure!
    mom2byz

Answer by mom2byz at 11:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• target.com

i wanted the super expensive one from pottery barn kids but the target one is pretty similar.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Never had one. I wanted an Eames Shell Rocker but that was out of my price range ($500) and HATE the typical nursery glider so I just didn't get any.

I do always see them in second hand baby stores around here in really good condition for $40-50. At that price you can always make slipcovers for the cushions and really integrate it into the decor of the nursery.
    LuckyPlusOne

Answer by LuckyPlusOne at 12:59 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I got my rocker from my husband's grandma's basement. My MIL remembers it from her grandma's house. It was free.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:27 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• We found one at Walmart for $100. It's called the Dorel Glider Rocker (we opted out of getting the foot stool since we did not have a lot of room). We looked at all the high end ones and did not see that big of a difference (We had already spent over $1,000 on our son's crib so we did not want to spend another $300-$600 on a glider). Our son will be 5 months old on Thursday and the chair is holding up great... I rock him at every nap, every night, and used to nurse on it every 2 hours. The cushions have not worn at all and its a very comfy chair.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 8:06 AM on Sep. 7, 2010