Should men be allowed in the womens dressing rooms?

I read an interesting complaint that men should be allowed into a womens dressing room if it isn't stated that you can't. In other words if it doesn't say "womens" dressing room outside. I have been to several stores where a man has entered the dressing room with his SO. I feel that if it's located in the womens department then no they should not be allowed weather it states it or not. What do you think?

momofne

Asked by momofne at 2:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Shopping

• doesnt bother me at all.

There are cameras everywhere, probably even in the dressing room. So why should i be afraid of a man behind the curtain when im inside the dressing room ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i think its rude of a man to come in but to be honest i dont get butt hurt over it...im behind a closed door so whatever
    Rysana

Answer by Rysana at 2:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I think the dressing rooms should be for whoever needs to use it, and I also think that it should be 1 person per room.  And as for the first person's comment about cameras in the dressing room, it's illegal to have video cameras in dressing rooms and rest rooms.

SilverFire85

Answer by SilverFire85 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• It's very illegal to have cameras in any dressing rooms. I must say, though, that I've needed my husband's help zipping up a dress, or something similar. We're not trying to be perverted or steal things, I just needed his help. My cousin, female, did the same thing with me. I think as long as they know your intentions are good, there shouldn't be a problem.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 3:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Why would it both me? Here all the dressing rooms are just that a room inside the store... It's a 5x5 space with a door. I'm the onlyone in there. If I want my hubby why not? I'm gonna step outside and show him anyway. It's not like he's never seen me naked.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• And for places that have Dressing rooms with more than one room they ARE able to have cameras just not where you are naked... So exactly where the guys would be.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Now that I think about it there is a store here with a BIG dressing area. There is a long hall and 3 smaller ones off of it. The fist small hall is lined with little changing rooms for men and the second little hall is for women and at the end they have a big mirrored "family" room but when we were younger we all used to go back there with our friends... There were sometimes men or women in there or children... But either way you have to walk past all the mens changing stalls to get to the womens... What's the big?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I agree with the original poster...i dont feel they should be allowed in. It makes me uncomfortable. They can wait just outside of it. You can always step out if you need to show them something or ask their advice.
    EmilyRoseLovett

Answer by EmilyRoseLovett at 4:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I think if he's with a woman it's ok. My god are all of you so vain that you think he's going to try and peek at you? If it was some weirdo just wandering around I wouldn't like it. I think it's easier to model for my hubby when he's allowed in. When have YOU every been shooed from a men's dressing room? I haven't. Not all men are perverts or rapists.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:39 AM on Oct. 17, 2008