Sleep Pattern

My baby goes down every night around 7-8pmish every night, he also wakes up between 3:30am-4:30am to eat, and has been going back to sleep and then waking up for the day at 6:00- 7:00am. However the weird thing is, for the past couple of weeks he'll be awake for an hour after his 3:30-4isham feeding..maybe it's that i change his diaper before feeding him i dunno, but i find this strange..is this normal?

madamlinwe

Asked by madamlinwe at 11:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds pretty normal to me, my dd has pretty much the exact same schedule. You can try skipping the diaper change (as long as he hasn't had a bowel movement). I know that changing dd's diaper wakes her up like nothing else.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• No I don't think so I think that he is becoming more aware of being awake. I would not worry and try to use this time to bond with him my one month old has been staying up for a couple hours now already little surprising cause he is so young.... he has bee alert lately... I think that that is all your little one is doing.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• How old is you baby? He may just be getting used to you getting up with him at that time so he is starting to think it is okay to stay awake a little bit longer. Depending how old he is you could start feeding him some cereal before he goes to bed. I started my kids at about 2 months old.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• my youngest is 3 mos old and she started to go to bed at 9pm when she was 2 mos old and just started sleeping til 5am and then it started getting later and later now she will sleep til 8am eat and go back to sleep to 10am. which is great cuz her and my oldest daughter both get up at 10am every morning which gives me my quiet time after hubby leaves for work at 830am
    mjsmom09

Answer by mjsmom09 at 11:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• the diaper ussualy just has pee. i'll try to feed him w/out the diaper change this time. thanks.
    madamlinwe

Comment by madamlinwe (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• @marchar-he is almost 4 months old. I ussualy go back to sleep and have him watch his mobile..he does go back to sleep after the hou after all. I'll talk to my peditrian abot the cereal, thanks!
    madamlinwe

Comment by madamlinwe (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• babies change their sleep schedule a lot, so this could be normal.. but you could always call your doctor if you are concerned. They have nurses on staff for questions like this.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2010