What do you do that's fun with your kids--not amusement parks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We go to the park, movies, putt putt golf, nature hikes, go karts.......
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• bike-riding or walking on the trail
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Walks, parks, library, drives, mall, reading, painting, chalk, drawing.. Stuff like that.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Our family enjoys wildlife "looking". We would find a consevation area nearby and pack a picnic lunch and go "looking". Great pics and good family time.
    W5supermom

Answer by W5supermom at 11:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Usually the park just a few blocks down the road, but if its ucky out we head to the mall for their play area.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• walks, the park, museums, the mall, the bounce house (yes, I bounce too - I'm free!), the library, the beach, splatter art, board games, charades (he loves it, go figure), a game called "worm king" where he is the worm king or I am the worm queen and whoever is the king or queen tells the other person silly things they have to do (act like a monkey, dance like a dork, hop like a frog)
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 11:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• depends on the kid really.
    I'd love to be outdoors, but my kids are homebodys and like TV and video games. Not my style.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:57 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• We walk to the park, go to the zoo, have a day at the mall, Chuck E Cheese, movies, go to the library, play WII, etc.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• We play in the yard. Two winters ago, my husband and his brothers made a hockey/skating rink for the kids, they play out there for hours. We have many yard games, such as tetherball, volleyball, and croquet. My husband hung a basketball goal also. We like to ride bikes. They play tag and hide and seek and many things like that.
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• We go to the science museum and the zoo - alot! We also go to the playground because it's close to the house. We walk at the park sometimes, too.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 2:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2010