So my husband says I'm not a skilled poop flusher...

Ok, I can't blame him... I was PLANNING to let it soften up a bit, then come back and try to flush again, with hopes I wouldn't have to plunge it, but OF COURSE I forgot and he had to do it. Stupid me. He advised me to do a courtesy flush, and I told him I DO, but sometimes it still clogs and I think it's because we have a water-efficient toilet and that's why it doesn't flush well. He's convinced the contraption is innocent and this is all a case of user error, although, of course, he was too embarrassed to give me detailed advice. So I promised him I would seek counseling on the subject. But I still think the toilet is to blame.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• we had such poor plumbing back at our brand new house when I was married. I gave my plunger a name...lol,,Just a side note, some toilet paper brands plug up the system. Churmin is one that is really bad for the system, plugged our potty up everytime
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• lmao...you win the award for strangest thing I've seen on CM today :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It's OK dear, happens to all of us!  Maybe more fiber?

MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It hasn't happened to me, however I have forgotten to flush a tampon before.. That freaks DH out even tho I've birthed his two children.. lol
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• um...hmm. You sit, you s***, you wipe, you flush...

User error?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I see. lol
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• LMAO!!! My husband forgets to flush his poo most of the time cuz he'll crap then get in the shower so if he flushes first it makes ten minutes worth of cold water! LOL Can't blame him, but he always forgets and of course it stinks up the bathroom.! lol So what if you forgot to poop is it so hard for him to pick up the slack once in a while?! lol
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I agree... up the fiber. Also you should keep a large glass under the sink and fill it with water and pour it in the toilet when you are flushing something you don't think will go down. Sometimes those low flow toilets just don't have enough water in them to get the job done.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Water efficient toilets suck. I will buy a low output shower head, front loader washer, turn the water off while brushing my teeth, but I will not compromise on my toilet. High blasting toilets are the way to go. =P

Another thought... maybe its your toilet paper. Charmin and cottenelle both don't take much to clog. White cloud and northern seem to break up much better. I found this out with our 4 yr old wiping his own butt. So we hide the good stuff in the cabinet and keep the easy break up toilet paper out for him. =P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Oooh, that glass of water is good advice, beautee! Thanks! As for fiber, I eat lots of fruits, veggies, and whole grains, and, well, without giving TMI, I'm pretty sure that's not the problem! LOL!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2010