i've had my first child by c-section, and i might possibly be pregnante again.. does any one know if my previous c-section will hurt, like when the baby moves and kicks. is it possible to have the baby naturally even though i had a c-section.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My first was c-section and my second was completely natural (VBAC). I did not hurt at all when the baby kicked or anything. I did however have groin pain where it was hard to walk downstairs or even turn over in bed though I think it was just the pregnancy and had nothing to do with the fact that I had previously had a c-section. Talk with your dr he/she can answer all your questions about having this one VBAC and any concerns you have about pain. Good luck.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• It is possible to have a baby naturally after a c-section. I'm not positive if your c-section will hurt when the baby kicks, but I doubt it.
    swright840

Answer by swright840 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I had a c-section too and my OBGYN told me at the checkup before i left the hospital this:

"please wait at least 1 year before you get pregnant again. best is 3 years though. Because your body and especially your uterus needs some time to heal and recover. If you get pregnant again too fast and your scar didnt heal good enough yet from the in- and outside it could burst open"...

^^^ your OB should have told you the same thing. Because all my mommy-friends (with different OBs got told the same)...

When you really are pregnant again, then make sure that your OB checks your scar everytime you are there for the ultrasounds, check-ups ect. The scar probably wont hurt when the baby is kicking you, but its possible that it will hurt when your uterus is growing again.

to be continued...
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• If your scar is healed up good already, then yes it will be possible to give birth naturally. but thats something the doctors will decide when you are in labor or a few days before that. (Because thats when they will check your scar again and if its able to handle the pressure of the labor ect.)

I wish you good luck.
    m.robertson811

• how long ago was your c-section? the kicking wouldn't hurt but the chance of rupture as you get later on in your trimester can increase if your scar isn't healed completely and yes you can have a VBAC google that you will get lots of info! :) and there is a group on here called VBAC (vaginal birth after ceserian ) good luck!
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• it is now medically possible to have vaginal birth after c-section . your doc will assess the previous 'incision' to determine if its a safe route - however you have ultimate decision until labor decides for you (with complications or the lack their of).
    as for pain durring 9 months i am unsure
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 3:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I had a c-section with my first. I was in labor for 17 hours and only dilated to 2 cm. Then when my son was 2 months I got pregnant again. (They're 11 months apart.) My ObGyn gave me the option of having c-section or vaginal birth, but she said c-section is safest for the baby with the pregnancies being so close together. She said that the uterus could rupture during labor, which could suffocate the baby. So I chose to have a c-section. I didn't have any pain during my pregnancy. However, after the 2nd cesarian, the scar is really tender. It's been 17 months sice my 2nd was born and it still gets a little sore sometimes. It's not unbearable pain, but if I lean over the table and hit it a certain way it hurts a little. Your doc should talk to you more about this. Good luck, & I'm sure you'll be okay!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2008