paralegal?

I am looking for my career path , I plan to start working once she's in preschool/school. Ive been debating different options, Ive been looking at paralegal because it seems to have a good starting salary (national average is 37-40 entry level and has room for promotion) and the schooling is 115 credits, roughly an associates. anyone a paralegal? just going over different options and trying to find what is best for me to go towards and do schooling now for. to add if you know any good careers that are an associates to begin with (i cant take out a lot of loans, debt already) that starts out with a decent entry level pay and has room for promotion let me know

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Money & Work

• I have an Associates Degree in Business and a paralegal certificate (went to a school and earned both at the same time). Make sure it's ABA approved, that looks better on a resume. I liked being a paralegal (I'm a SAHM for the time being) and I'm looking forward to getting back into it. I'll be honest with you, you may start at up to $10K less than "they" show. It took me almost 4 years to earn the entry level salary. Also, try to get a job in a law firm while in school, even if it's just answering phones. I did that and one of the attorneys kinda took me under his wing and gave me great career advice. Plus, most places like to promote from within.

If you can swing it, go for the 4 degree. I'm having a hard time getting a job with only a 2 year degree. Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• **It took me almost 4 years to earn the entry level salary.** Sorry! I meant 2 years, not 4!
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2008