Do you think the republican outbursts are a result of words spoken by McCain and Palin?

I have heard McCain and Palin speak and many times I hear them refrence his "ties" to terrorists and say his middle name like it makes him a terrorist. I personally feel they made the comments to try to pose doubt about their running mate. I think they crossed the lines and to say that that wasn't their intentions to begin with is silly.

chagenue

Asked by chagenue at 3:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I do believe that they have fueled the lies and hatred, but not directly. They merely plant the seeds and then sit back and watch them grow in the fertile soil of their supporters. I believe their strongest use of this "weapon" is their inaction. By standing back and not saying or doing anything to stop the hatred that is so prevalent amongst their supporters, they are allowing it to spread like a disease.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 7:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I believe that those that choose to be ignorant with their outbursts do so because they want to. No matter what McCain or Palin say, they are going to do it because they are trying to get attention - which is exactly what the media has continued to do. Attention , even negative, reinforces negative behavior.
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 3:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i think the mccain campaign helped to fan the flames but i don't think they are to blame for the outbursts.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I think the media (Fox News) is partially responsible, not just McCain and Palin themselves.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• The candidates never have to say a word to start this barrage of outbursts. They have ad campaigns and conservative pundits to spread terrorist rumors. All they have to do is sit back and act unaware. And, yeah, I consider Fox News to be a 24 hour ad campaign for the GOP.

CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 4:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• That is his name. Barack Hussein Obama, a muslim name. It's not Barry Harrison is it? And he does have ties to American born terrorists by choice. It was no accident, it was his choice. Open them eyeballs.
    Anonymous

• His name is Barack Hussein Obama JUNIOR. Named after his father. And no one ever said anything about his name - it references a whole SLEW of things that have been said. Yes, the campaign has fanned the flames. Ayers, btw had all charges dropped against him and has not been considered a terrorist since the 70's. Back in the 70's - anyone who actively protested the Vietnam War was considered communist or a terrorist. Ayers now is a respected Professor. Open YOUR eyeballs and do some friggin research.
    Oh, and way to stand behind your views by posting that answer anonymous.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Fawn80, the reason the charges were dropped against Ayers were not because he was cleared of the crime, it was because of a prosecutorial misconduct. He got off on a loop hole. Just thought you should know. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers
    Before you get on Anon's case about research, you may want to do a bit more of your own.
    cait030507

Answer by cait030507 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Oh and I forgot to add...Ayers admitted to his terrorist actions (aka. bombing). Just because he got away with it doesn't mean he didn't do it. He performed terrorist actions against his own country, therefore he is/was a terrorist. Just because a criminal isn't charged with a crime, does not mean they are innocent.
    cait030507

Answer by cait030507 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• who cares why the case was dropped? it was dropped!
    bill ayers is NOT an issue. healthcare, the economy, abortion, minimum wage, etc. those are issues!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 6:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2008