First time for everything!

My DD is 21 months old and is now spending the night at my parents house for the first time! I'm missing her like crazy right now. When was the first time your kids spent the night away from home? How did you keep your mind of your little one? :]

KrazyKutie

Asked by KrazyKutie at 11:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• find your husband! Lol! Take a long bubble bath, watch your favorite not kid appropriate movie, clean- I always say I'd sleep if all 4 of my kids were out of the house for the night, but I'd honestly clean or watch a scary movie!! LOL or keep my husband up all night long! LOL God knows he'd LOVE that! ;)
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Honestly I wasn't worried at all. My hubby was deployed and the girls and I moved home for a while. We were always at my parents house and they napped there a lot. My parents ended up keeping the girls every Friday night so I could have a break. It was great and I never worried.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 11:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• The first time was a 2 week stretch, my oldest son turned one and the same day my second son was born, he then had a 2 week NICU stay an hour away from home. That's the longest I've ever spent away from any of my children and it was a REALLY rough time all around.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i know its hard but enjoy it! watch grown up shows on tv. sleap in in the moring. make noisy love for a change! have fun with it!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My Children were older before they spent their first night away from home. I know how you feel. It is normal to worry. Try not to worry too much though. Just relax and enjoy some me time.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My DH has already made us dinner and put on a movie :] Its been pretty quiet around here and we are enjoying it. But just looking at her open bedroom door is sad :P
    KrazyKutie

Comment by KrazyKutie (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My DS has spent the night away from me several times but I wasnt too worried cuz he was with my parents. I did miss him
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• the first time for me was when my son was exactly a week old coz that was my birthday. i wasn't worried, that i remember. he was with my auntie at our house, while we went to see a scary movie with a lot of my old friends. it was awesome
    katebordom

Answer by katebordom at 12:13 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• my dd was about 3 or 4 months old the first night, and it was at his mom's house. (literally a block from our house at the time). We called just about every hour to check it on her, lol.
    The second night away from my DD she was 2 years old.. and we went away for the weekend (first night she spend with my parents, second night with his mom)..
    yeah... after that weekend.. 25 weeks ago... lets just say the only thing we brought back for a sovereign is a soon to be sister for our DD, lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:39 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i called so much my sis didnt even answer..she txt me an said STOP PHUCKIN CALLIN ME..im a mom too..i know how to care of kids..an then had the nerve to block my calls the wknd..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2010