What's the sadest day in the projects? Father's Day!

My son's real father may as well be dead, but there's always been my male friends around, even boyfriends from time to time, but I never even thought of having my child call them "dad" because who know if it will work out, right? he doesn't need 2 new fathers a year! My current boyfriend brought it up with him without asking me, though, and now my son is ssoooooo attached and calls him dad all the time and i'm pretty sure that this will not be the one i marry....I don't know what to do, any suggestions?? constuctive critisizm???

katebordom

Asked by katebordom at 11:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wouldnt bring new guy friends that are not going to be the one around BTMO
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I don't think you are going to like what I have to say... Stop bring men around your kid unless you think there is an engagement pending. You are doing more damage to him by seeing these men come/go, him getting attached to them only to have them leave the picture than if there were no male influences in his life at all. No male role model is WAAAYY better than negative role models. You are basically teaching how to be a man who never sticks around. I'm not telling you not to date or have boyfriends. Just keep them away from your kid unless you expect to be planninga wedding sometime in the near futre. My good friend is doing what you are doing and how has a teenager who is basically emulating exactly what he saw growing up. :(
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:01 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• too late, we all live together, it's way too late for not doing that!
    katebordom

Comment by katebordom (original poster) at 12:02 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• lol..... dont introduce your son to a new man unless you know its going to last. date without bringing your son into your relationship untill you know its going to last. i have been in realtionships with men my oldest was very attatched to and she got over it. its not easy but just be there for him and he will be fine.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:03 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• thank you everyone!
    katebordom

Comment by katebordom (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I would stop bring men around your son unless you're serious about them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:08 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i say u can have as many men around your child but if u are not feeling them on a relationship level..just dont let them see u intimate level...far as hugging,kissing,touching in a way that would give them the impression of a daddy figure..i had many male/female partners but my 2 kids never knew that cause we held adult stuff til they were sleep or gone..now that im with my SO of 12yrs im fine with letting them see affection cause i knew he was the one...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 12:43 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Why date someone you don't see a future with??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Well if you're not looking to settle down, than stop dating and focus on raising your son so that he's not emotionally screwed up as he gets older. I mean if looking for a man isn't that important to you to make it seem like it's important for him.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:58 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• there dad is their only dad. Even stepkids don't always feel comfortable calling someone else dad.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:15 AM on Sep. 6, 2010