Abuse Reports for Chatterbox?

Okay, so I got 8 (yes EIGHT) different chatterbox messages today asking me to join groups, check out websites or businesses... And although they are easy enough to delete, they still drive me crazy! ~ I even put up a No Solicitation statement on my Profile today!

But there is no way to report them as spam, even though they are... And I wish there was...
Who else thinks CM should add a "report spam" button to their Chatterbox?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in About CafeMom

• woot woot!
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:58 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I just removed my chatterbox. I rarely use it anyways and if someone wants to talk to me they can PM me
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I send out an email about once every two months inviting people to my group but I don't post over and over. I am sorry you are dealing with that.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes! I HATE solicitation for groups I'd never join and businesses I have no interest in, NO MORE SPAM!!!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I havn't even been on my home page in months. I only report "emails"
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:00 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I love the chatterbox and use it all the time. I prefer it to messages, and IMs... and little notes and well wishes are awesome. But spam is spam regardless of where they put it... But since they know it will be reported if they PM me, they stick it in the chatterbox, which really drives me nuts!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Where is your chatterbox
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:03 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• On the right hand side of my profile... WHY?

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You can use the contact us link to report any issues you may have anywhere on the site. I have reported chatters that way and they dealt with quickly. Group invitations are not considered spam but anything that links to an outside site can be, though often those who leave messages on profiles of people who join WAH groups or advertise WAH businesses get off easy. That is the only exception to that rule, I have ever seen mentioned. A couple of things you can do to avoid those messages is set your chatterbox widget to friends only (you don't have to change your profile settings) or if you see you are getting spammy messages from the same people you can block them from having access to your profile. I do the blocking thing on my group profile.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:13 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Some delete their chatterbox I have not what I don't like is in the recent activity I hate reading what all friends my friends have accepted and what level they are in in whatever game they are playing. We are told as administrators of groups that we have to invite so many people a day to get them to come into our groups and that may be what is happening and you are getting pretty popular on here this part anyways I see you all over answering so maybe they think you have lots of wisdom Just a thought
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 6, 2010