I'm still lactating 3 months after I quit breastfeeding!!! HELP!

I quit breastfeeding 3 months ago due to my milk supply drying up from having surgery... Well within the past 2 weeks, my milk suppy has returned and I'm leaking all over everything! Any ideas of why this is happening again? I'm beginning to wonder if I should start pumping it to begin feeding him it again.

Amy75972

Asked by Amy75972 at 12:15 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm still doing the same and I havent breastfeed in 8 months
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Take benadryl. Ask your dr or pharmacist what the maximum dose is to be safe, but I was told NOT to take the stuff while breastfeeding despite my horrible allergies, because its designed to dry up the mucous glands and will also dry up the milk glands in your breasts. I was miserable for 3 months with my allergies, but I breastfed well! I don't know how effective this is to dry it up, but it certainly can't hurt! LOL Good luck to you both! :)
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i suggest you nurse. why not you have something very important and healthy to feed your child. might as well use it. or pump if you want
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• That's great! You can pump, but you might as well just nurse.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:20 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Baby deserves the best so definitely give baby the best (breastmilk).

Could you be pregnant?

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 8:03 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• start breastfeeding again :) that's awesome! at least baby will get something, even if it's not a lot, it's better than nothing :) you can pump to increase your supply, but nursing from the breast will be the best way to bring your milk back.

kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 9:33 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I've been on the birth control shot since 2 weeks after I had him... So I don't think there is a possibility of me being prego. Guess I will try pumping some first. Worth a shot! Thanks ladies!
    Amy75972

Comment by Amy75972 (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2010