• In the Spotlight:

thinking about using cloth dipars

i am thinking about using cloth dipars but dont want to spend a hole ton of money on them and not like using them can any one tell me where to get them free of very cheap? thank you for all you input!

alana86

Asked by alana86 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They are generally not expensive at Walmart, and Toy-r-us has them sometimes.
    But I tried using them with my daughter... it was an awful mess and switched back to disposable within a week.
    rivmom

Answer by rivmom at 3:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I used cloth diapers on my daughter and i loved them they were so pretty, and saved me a ton of money plus they are better for the enviroment, i went to a place called diaper swappers it is a great site a little overwelming at first because of the slng but they sell diapers there from wahm's and other places i had all mine made for me with cute embroideries on them.
    MyO3WorldMomma

Answer by MyO3WorldMomma at 3:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• no offense but even the thiught of using them eww. not 4 me.
    txprints

Answer by txprints at 3:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• there are many groups on cafemom on Cloth diapering. They can help! One of my favs is http://www.cafemom.com/group/cutieswithclothbooties
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 3:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Walmart, target, and Babies r Us have crappy diapers. I agree with the group for more info. If you are low income you can apply for miraclediapers to try to get some free ones. Then there is always freecycle that you could just ask and see if you get any responses.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 3:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I think you can check out ebay or even consignment shops have used ones. The ones that are "crappy" or leak and are messy are the old kind. They make wonderful cloth diapers now that are easy to use and super absorbent. I use Fuzzi Bunz that a friend has let me borrow. I saw that Target is now carrying BumGenius which is another good brand.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 5:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I use cloth diapers that are one size fits all. So I can use the same ones til he is potty trained instead of getting a whole bunch of different sizes. I get them at www.nurturedfamily.com. They are Mommy's Touch with snaps. Not bad in price but worth it for me. I don't like the chemicals and gels in disposable diapers. Not good for my baby.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 5:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Good for you for thinking of trying ;)
    I cloth diapered my last child for almost a year, and now we are using Gdiapers. The CHEAPEST way to CD is Prefolds and covers. I suggest Thirsties covers, they were my fav. Go to www.nikkisdiapers.com or www.abbyslane.com those were my fav shops :) Good Luck!
    MamaNikkiP

Answer by MamaNikkiP at 5:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Ohhh I forgot to add... check out www.diaperswappers.com for deals on diapers. you have to sign up but the ladies there are wonderful.
    MamaNikkiP

Answer by MamaNikkiP at 5:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I ordered chinese prefolds and proraps covers. It cost me about $150 and I've been really happy with them. The ones you get online are much better quality than the ones you can buy in stores. Good luck!
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 6:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2008