CONFUSED!!!!

MY LAST PERIOD WAS SEPTEMBER 15,I'VE BEEN HAVING PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS.TODAY I TOOK A HPT BUT IT WAS VERY LIGHT POSITIVE,I TOOK IT FIRST THING IN THE MORNING.TODAY I WENT TO THE DOCTORS FOR AN APPOINTMENT AND WHEN THEY TOOK MY URINE THE TEST CAME BACK NEGATIVE.THE DOCTOR DECIDED TO DO A BLOOD TEST AND I HAVE TO GO BACK THURSDAY FOR THE RESULTS.THE DOCTOR TOLD ME SINCE I'M EARLY IN PREGNANCY,THE TEST WILL ONLY BE ACCURATE IN THE MORNING BECAUSE THE URINE IS CONCENTRADED.DID THIS EVER HAPPEN TO ANYONE AND YOU WAS IN FACT PREGNANT?

BABY312

Asked by BABY312 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yeah me and im not 5 1/2 months pregnant
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• if you got a light positivve on your home tet then ya you probably are pregnant
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• im now*
    KelsoBabeyy

• Doc is right, only first morning urine counts. If you peed before going to the doc's office, you diluted the hormone.

A positive is a positive, though, no matter how light. Congratulations!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Yup. This happened to me. First I want to say congrats!!!
    I had a very light positive - went to the doc and told me I WAS NOT pregnant. . . Three weeks later no period in sight. Went back to the doc... still negative. So I went to a specialist. She did a few additional tests... Finally, she gave me an ultrasound. I was pregnant. What is weird is that just for giggles I took a pregnancy test when i was in my 8th month and it came out negative... I was as big as a house and it came out NEGATIVE... crazy stuff.
    rivmom

Answer by rivmom at 3:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• the first morning is only early in pregnancy if the HCG level is too low..and obviously it is because it came up very light on the test..i never took a test first thing in the morning but i still came up preggo..but my HCG levels were just a little higher than yours..you probably found out very very early..oh yeah, congrats mama!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I'm four months preggers, and if I was to take a HPT right now it would still show up as a light positive. But the Dr. says everything is normal!

Congrats as well!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 4:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2008