SAHM's--What do you do when you are burnt out?

I am a SAHM and I don't have many opportunities to get away from my 1 and 3 year olds. If anything, maybe twice a month, someone takes them for a few hours. It used to be enough for me to gear-up again, but not lately. They don't have Grandparents who feel comfortable caring for them for long periods of time because they are so young and we've had a hard time with money this year, so vacations are not an option. Is there anything else that you do that gives you the energy to keep going?

NaturalMomma219

Asked by NaturalMomma219 at 12:36 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Read after dd goes to bed, zone out on CM, basically just take 30 minutes to yourself every night if you can. It really helps.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Well I am a stay at home mom and have been for 6 years. Night times are my time usually, so I have always been pretty consistent in putting the kids to bed in their own beds, on time, so I can get some time. I may clean while listening to my audio books, write letters, sleep, read, watch a movie or tv show, catch up online, or if my DH is home, go out to shop a little (it is kind of nice even to grocery shop, alone~!)
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I don't even get that most of the time with my DD.

So I compensate. I know how relaxing doing nails, and a hair treatment can be.. so friday nights my dd and me have a girl night of doing our nails, and our hair, and order out and pick out some good movies..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:02 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• working out! It is a GREAT way to boost energy AND you feel great about yourself.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 4:59 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• fortunately the DH helps out and I can do my own thing for a little while
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:44 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• work out, read
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• After DS lays down for bed. I am either reading or watching tv before I go to sleep
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 6, 2010