do you vent to your best friend? say things just to "get it out"?

and what would you think if that "friend" told people what you said, or part of it? would you forgive them(even just in your own heart)?

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 12:47 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I've learned my lesson on venting to people. I had one "friend" that I trusted only to find out she was telling an ex of mine things I had said. We don't talk anymore. If I can't trust you, then you have no business being in my inner circle. She can stand on the outside, but only there.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I have learned that if they talk about others dirt, they are spreading yours...so I am just not as trusting as i used to be. I know what I tell my bff is going to make it's way to her husband but I trust that that's as far as it will go
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:43 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i vent to my cousin. she's my best friend. she would never tell anyone anything i say. however if she got drunk and rambled something on accident or something like that i have nothing to hide. so i wouldn't be upset.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I have ONE friend I tell everything to and she never repeats it. If she did, I would forgive her, she's the best person I know so I would know she didn't tell it to be vindictive.
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 12:53 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It would make me never feel safe to vent to that friend ever again. I may keep them as an acquaintance but they would never be worthy of my trust again.

I prefer to only vent to my mom. I can trust her 100% I don't really let any friends fully into my life.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:18 AM on Sep. 6, 2010