my 3yr old won't go poop to the toilet only diaper... he goes pee to the potty ? i need to get him of diapers

Flor A.

Asked by Flor A. at 12:58 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Answering because I want to know as well, I am having the same exact issue, and we have tried everything with him.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:02 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I am having the same problem with my 3 yr old.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:03 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Same problem as well with my 3 year old.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:06 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• u constantly gota sit them on the pot lol i had my boy there like every 15 mins when were at home n when he finaly did a poop in there we gave him a sticker n told him everytime u poopy in here u get another one n finaly one day he went on his own yelled for me wen he was done n says weres my sticker lol he if fully trained now but dont worry theyll get there just takes time mine was 3n half wen he was finaly ready good luck mama
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 1:10 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think it's a phase they all go through. My 3 1/2 year old daughter will only poop on the potty...it's a fight to get her to pee on the potty. She was (I thought) completely trained 3 months ago because she went all the time on the potty but the last 2 months we've had the issue. I'm DESPERATE to get her off the pullups but everyone I've spoken to has said the same thing...it's a phase they'll grow out of....I sure hope it's soon!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:55 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My bf and his ex just got over this with their son, CANDY BARS! LOL Bribing works and it's easy to control, with my oldest nephew he got a dollar, his brother didn't need bribing. With my daughter she loves applause so with her just starting real potty training we flush the poop and cheer yeah, poop goes in the potty!
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2010