I want to hear your successful VBAC story!!!

I am doing research and fairly certain I am going to try for a VBAC. I never went into labor when I had my son 2 years ago. I had a non stress test, they found he had no fluid and left it up to me to weigh the risks. A C section was my choice in THAT scenario as it was way safer for my son.
I am pregnant again and want the natural birth I had planned. Any tips? Share your stories please!

jenellemarie

Asked by jenellemarie at 1:03 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am a VBAC advocate but not personally experienced... I wanted to invite you over to the cafemom VBAC Moms group for lots of stories, info, and encouragement.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:42 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Sorry I don't have a story yet. I am currently hoping for a VBAC, praying I can find a dr. who will support it. Good luck. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 9:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My sister had had a VBAC. Her story is similar to yours. She had a Csection with DD #1 as the fluid was low and the best choice was to take the baby ASAP.
    Her second pregnancy was fine and she wanted to try for a natural childbirth. Her labor was 38 hours and she gave birth to a healthy 6lb 11 oz. baby girl without any problems.
    However, after she saw 3rd shift come in for a second time, she did ask for drugs to give her a rest.
    My sister is also 5'4" and weighs 100 lbs. She is very small boned.
    My sister says out of the two, she preferred the VBAC and that she would make the same decision again in a heartbeat.
    Good Luck!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2010